100 Miles in May
(Activities converted to miles)
What is 100 Miles in May?
The 100 Miles in May Challenge is a fundraiser for the Healthy Futures program, which works to empower Alaska’s youth to build the habit of daily physical activity. It’s an excellent opportunity to encourage physical activity among employees, family, or friends, and role model healthy behavior for youth. As participants enter their exercise into a mileage converter, they can track their status on group, industry , and statewide leaderboards!
Who can do the 100 Miles in May Challenge?
Anyone! The 100 Miles in May Challenge is for the workplace, for solo flyers, or any group of family, friends or classmates wanting to build a fun team!
What are the Cool Prizes?
- The top 5 overall participants (by total miles completed in May) will receive a Healthy Futures Hoodie!
- The top overall contributing team (based on average miles per participant) will receive a scheduled visit from a Healthy Hero athlete and each participant on that team completing over 100 miles will receive a Healthy Futures athletic T-Shirt!
- Winners among each category win bragging rights!
- Healthy Futures will post regular leaderboard updates of all eligible participants*
*Healthy Heroes and non-donating participants not eligible for prizes
How does the Pledge Work?
Teams/participants have three options:
- A team flat rate
- A dollar per mile completed by the team amount
- Team members wishing to make an individual 100 Miles in May pledge may click here
Healthy Futures appreciates your participation in 100 Miles in May and your valuable financial support. Thank you!
The 100 Miles in May concept was developed by R&M Consultants, Inc. Thank you for joining us for the Challenge! Please email Healthy Futures at email@example.com or call(907)351-6973 if you have any questions.
The results from the 2017- 100 Miles in May Challenge are in- click HERE to see the results!!
Thank you to the 2017 participants!! See below for our top fundraisers and HERE for the 2016 fundraisers as we recognize those who participated efforts in banking miles in May. We’d also like to give a special THANK YOU to R&M Consultants, Inc. for their inspiration, support and coordination of this wonderful and fun fundraiser for Healthy Futures! You’re efforts are greatly appreciated!
100 Miles in May is made possible by generous support from Rasmuson Foundation.