We are Hiring for a Healthy Futures Coordinator:
Alaska Sports Hall of Fame Job Description
Job Title: Healthy Futures Coordinator
General Information: Healthy Futures – the signature program of the Alaska Sports Hall of Fame – is a statewide initiative that works to empower Alaska’s youth to build the habit of daily physical activity.
Job Responsibilities: Healthy Futures Program Coordinator will be responsible for managing aspects of the day-to-day activities of the Healthy Futures programs.
* All positions at the Alaska Sports Hall of Fame may have responsibilities altered during the course of employment due to organizational imperatives.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to work independently, meet deadlines without supervision, and be able to participate in occasional meetings and events outside of normal business hours. Must have the ability to travel to various events and locations regularly and in a timely manner.
Supervision: Reports to the Alaska Sports Hall of Fame Executive Director.
Fundraising & Communications
- Design and write program printed materials and press releases
- Maintain Healthy Futures website & social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Act as Healthy Futures spokesperson at community and K-6th grade school events and presentations
- Write bids and submits grant proposals
- Advocate for funding from School Boards, Assemblies, and the Legislature for K-6th grade programming aimed at providing youth physically active opportunities
Planning & Budgeting
- Determine programming needs and provide feedback for programming budget
- Make budget recommendations to Executive Director
- Provide daily governance and oversight of the identified deliverables within contracts with the State of Alaska and other entities
- Act as the liaison with the State of Alaska contract representatives and Healthy Futures staff/volunteers
- Create and present progress reports and project evaluations
- Identify and purchase incentives and awards
- Ongoing development and improvement of effective youth activity logs
- Develop procedures to promote and implement programs
- Analyze and interpret program data
- Collaborate with community leaders to find ways to get youth more physically active
- Provide support to other Alaska Sports Hall of Fame programs and functions when needed such as the annual induction ceremony and PLAAY Day/PLAAY Summit.
Responsibilities (Program Specific)
Healthy Futures Challenge
- Act as the contact for schools for start-up and on-going database support
- Receive and review Healthy Futures Challenge data from school contact persons
- Maintain the Healthy Futures Activity Log database for statistical and prize eligibility purposes and provide semi-annual (January and July) reports
- Process and distribute incentive requests through established distribution channels
- Coordinate volunteer support as needed.
- Analyze data to determine Challenge Prize Winners
- Provide semi-annual reports on event/log participation
- Collaborate with race directors and events coordinators
- Recruit and trains spokespersons for events
- Work directly with race directors of sanctioned Healthy Futures events to determine the type and level of support necessary to increase overall and targeted group participation
- Obtain who/what/where/why/when event details for marketing/event support purposes
- Order and manage race bibs, medals and other event materials/inventory
- Update the Healthy Futures social media sites and website calendar with event information
- Ensure a Healthy Futures presence at all supported events, either in-person or through coordination with other volunteers or Healthy Futures staff
- Coordinate Healthy Hero appearances at events as agreed to.
- Obtain participation lists after the event for input to the Healthy Futures database
- Provide semi-annual event reports
Healthy Futures Game Changer Fund
- Act as contact for potential funders, donors, and recipients.
- Promote Game Changer Fund in the community and recruit potential funders, donors, and recipients.
- Manage inventory and distributions of Kicks for Kids donations
- Act as the liaison with GCI in ensuring we work in good faith in using the donated space.
- Coordinate volunteer support as needed.
- Provide semi-annual Game Changer fund reports
Wage and Benefits: Wage is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a regular-track exempt position with benefits. Benefits include holidays, vacation and personal leave.
Contact Harlow Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
Download PDF HERE.