Click here for the 2018-19 Poster Contest Entry Form and Flyer
Help us design a poster for our 2018-19 Healthy Futures Challenge! We want to see what kids from all across Alaska are doing to stay active. Design a poster representing how you, or those in your community, stay active. i.e. Sports, hunting, playing outside, hiking, etc.
Who may submit: Students in grades K-12 attending school in Alaska.
Deadline for submissions: EXTENDED to May 18, 2018
Prize: $100 gift card for activity/sports equipment
Submit the poster as either:
- JPEG – take a picture of your poster and email it to us, or you may choose to scan your poster and email it to us at email@example.com. See requirements below.*
- Paper – send the original of your unfolded poster to: Healthy Futures, 11901 Industry Way Unit A-9, Anchorage, AK 99515
Size: 8.5”x11” keeping in mind that we will use the bottom inch of the poster for logos (don’t put anything too important to your design at the bottom of the page!)
To qualify, your submission must:
- Be original artwork.
- Be completed in color.
- Include the words “Take the Healthy Futures Challenge!”
Things to avoid:
- Respect copyright. DO NOT submit copyrighted work.
- DO NOT use stock images or clip art.
- Absolutely NO PHOTOS.
- DO NOT use logos except the Healthy Futures logo if you choose to include it.
Selection Criteria/Process: The winning poster will be chosen by Healthy Futures staff and announced before the end of the 2017-18 school year. Staff will evaluate the posters based on creativity and originality.
*Photos of artwork should be taken against a white, gray or black background depending on the color of the artwork. Please do not use backgrounds with any other colors. Make sure you use good lighting. Photos can be either “Landscape” or “Portrait” however the camera must be set to a 4:3 aspect ratio. Most cameras are set to 4:3 by default but be sure to check your camera’s settings. The photo file that you submit must be a JPG format, roughly 8 x 10 in printable size or (3200 x 2400 pixels / 4:3 aspect ratio) and should be 300 DPI image resolution.